Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Design is My Darling

But to ask, specifically, what design in particular?

Let me digress for a few .

I know I have way too much to do in way too short a time. Not to mention being on the road to recovery from yet another bout with anemia-induced headaches with no close to two hours marathon workouts in the span of more than a couple of weeks. And no, there's no such thing as 3-day hangovers. Believe me, I haven't been there and I haven't done that and I don't think I ever will. Unless of course you count never ending soda, and gummy worms and bears, and potato chips, and ice cream. My life is as straight-laced as can be to the point of ennui. The one constant number on my recently called list is my mother, far more frequently than say my sister. The only thing that keeps me up at night is work, work, and yes, even more work. What in particular? Scroll through the long list. Pick your poison. But I really don't see everything as work. They're more of interests and challenges and the call to serve even more. Wow. When did the world suddenly take on that meaning?

So back to the whole point of why I'm writing when I really don't have a clue on what the point is exactly of this. I'm just writing from the top of my head and the tip of my tongue because I have no one to talk to in the middle of dawn. Yes, dawn. Not night. Never night. Or maybe night? But probably never morning. My sister always accuses me of being at my most brilliant at 3am. I beg to disagree. Brilliance is never timed. It just pops out when light suddenly shines on you. And shine on me at 3am? What light would that be except for the glare of the CFL shining down on top of my groggy sister's head? Anyway, let me get to my point. What is keeping me up at this particular hour?

3 words = Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.
Nerd. Much.

I have been debating and researching in my head and online for the past few hours just how much the Dreamweaver CS6 would cost because as I opened my trial version, it casually notified me that I had only 5 days of trial left. 5 DAYS! How do you expect me to learn HTML5 and CSS3 in the span of those short days? And create the 3 (+1) sites I'm supposed to have created by now? So there it goes, to buy or not buy? Maybe I should just hard code those sites on notepad, imagine them in my head, upload online and voila! Edit and edit and edit online. Yes, that's my dilemma. I'm actually okay with buying the software except one, it costs so much that I have to sacrifice a lot, and two, seriously, Dreamweaver CS6? A program specifically for your fascinating hobby that includes reading the source codes of various sites instead of actually seeing the site? And going ooh and aah that's how they did it and admiring, respecting those that do code? Yes, I believe in Wordpress. "Code is poetry." From now on, it will be my CMS.

So. Deep breath. Dreamweaver CS6. Really? Seriously? It is my hobby.
Yes, my one and only hobby. I like reading. And that includes code.

And yes, I still haven't decided.

But finally, a yawn. Time to tune out till tomorrow and speed dial my Mother first thing in the morning. I'm sure she'll have a perfectly reasonable answer to my dilemma. Like quit my hobby, maybe? I doubt. It will probably go along the lines of try thinking again. And yes, you are old enough to make your decisions. And yes, Dreamweaver CS6. Seriously?

Which brings me to another dilemma, if I buy Dreamweaver CS6 for Windows platform, that only means one thing. No migration to MAC then? And no, I don't mean the make-up.

*quickly opens another tab on my browser... and then another and then another and then another...*


No comments:

Post a Comment