Monday, March 2, 2009

Neutrals

I'm quite pleased with today's outfit, never mind the fact that I was once again an hour late to work. I even took the bus already since I waited, I think, a good 20minutes for a cab and they were all nowhere to be found. Plus, there came this group of women a good 15minutes into my waiting who were also hailing cabs and I don't think I would've been in a very good mood if they managed to hail a cab before me. So I took the crowded bus with my big but trusty Nine West bag, on this somewhat rainy day (after several really sunny days), with white trousers on. Yes, you read that right - white trousers.

I found them in my closet this morning when I went to look for an alternative from my usual rotation of brown skinny jeans, black skinny jeans, rusted purple straight-cut jeans, and dark denim straight-cut jeans. It was refreshing to see white pants and I thought it has been a long time since I actually wore anything light. The questions were, would it fit me? Was it even mine? I couldn't remember. In my haste though, I just checked the size (2 -looks and feels positive) and then laid it out to wear.

Light on light was the key theme. Neutrals became the evolution. And so my complete outfit for the day - white Ann Taylor size 2 trousers, light beige v-neck sleeveless Forever 21 top, silver CLN ballet flats, Tawid sterling silver 1/2" ball earrings and my ever reliable faded purple cuff watch. My current cover-up of choice (a.k.a. the one currently residing in my bag to be worn during office hours and after office just in case) is a gray Dirty Jane edgily ruffled blazer jacket. Still in the neutrals theme.

Hair and makeup were pretty much kept simple as I was once again out of time - a messy ponytail and just Cover Girl's tinted moisturizer in Light to Medium. Hmm.. I think I did manage to swipe on TBS lip and cheek tint on my cheeks and Blistex Liptone with SPF 15 before finally heading out. But I've been using MAC lipglass in Pink Lemonade since I got to the office which admittedly is the only non-neutral in my entirety today. If I were given the choice though, I would've grabbed MAC lipglass in Spirited from my drawer.

I guess that about sums it up. I'll try to post with pictures but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

NTS: Must acquire a full-length mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment