Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dash: My Personal Travel Chronicles

I have always loved traveling - there's just something about that great, grand adventure that keeps calling out to me. There's that certain call of the 'unknown' and the packing and unpacking and eating. Yes, definitely lots and lots of eating. Thankfully, I have been blessed enough to be able to go on a few memorable trips with some wonderful friends who share this urge to go out and experience the world. Right now, we are still saving up for that next big trip and I have been tasked to do the preliminary research. But before I add on to my list of places, let me go down memory lane first as I have never written about my travels before. I think it will serve me well to do some sort of documentary so that I will always be able to quickly remember how incredibly blessed I have been. And still am. :)

Most of my travels happen every other year. I don't know if there's really a pattern or if it's just purely coincidental. I won't go too far back. Let me just start with 2006. I don't have much pictures as I'm really lazy at taking pictures although I plan to change this soon as I intend to buy a fully functional and equally adventurous point and shoot camera. Preferably one that is shockproof, waterproof, and dust proof. :D I'll probably do individual posts on each trip as much as my schedule and mood permits me. Even this entry is taking time out of my precious work hours but I love writing for myself and this is a way for me to de-stress, so here goes: (I won't include Batangas in my timeline anymore as it is our province and we're practically always there.)

2006
Macau - stayed for 2 weeks before graduation, supposedly looking for work. Haha. We didn't have any decent cameras then sadly. But I'll re-post a blog entry of mine from way back when plus some pictures I just took with my phone.
Cebu - went on two trips to Cebu in November 2006. As official architectural researchers for the office, we were able to visit ancestral houses in Carcar as well as some other heritage sites. I think I have decent pictures from this trip as we were supposed to be doing documentation. The architectural details we gathered were really nice and well-maintained. Plus, the trips were all free because it was for work after all.

2007
Was a great year with my wonderful friends - from Galera to San Juan to Baguio. We're still waiting for that grand Luzon road trip to happen though.


2008
 Hongkong and Macau - Ariel, Anna, and I closed the year out with a bang by taking that long anticipated Hongkong and Macau tour. Going around by ourselves was really fun, we kind of complemented each other in terms of usefulness. I just knew then that if ever I was to travel again, they are on top of my dream travel team list.

2009
Didn't go out of the country then but was able to go around locally - Subic, Tagaytay, Baler, Baguio, Morong, Bataan, Candaba, and Enchanted Kingdom.
Baler, Aurora - really lovely place that I was able to go to once again for work. (Some of the perks of site visits.) Went straight to Dicasalarin where there was absolutely no signal except via radio. Stayed at Baler proper for a few days as well. Too much food for a few days. Haha.

2010
2010 was a great travel year for me: I was able to go to Batangas (as usual), Boracay (first time!), Singapore, and Shanghai, China. I hope to do individual posts on these as they were the most wonderful times. :)

2011
Land-locked and Manila-bound. For an entire year. Was supposed to go to Bangkok, Thailand, General Santos, and Cagayan De Oro but cancelled each and every single trip even if the plane fares were already paid for. Tsk tsk. 2011 was the year of the wasn't meant to be. But 2012 is fast making up for it. God promised sunshine always as long as you believe. :)

2012
 Boracay - second time. But no Astoria Hotel this time around, haha. I miss that place. So pretty. Imagine we spent most of the time in the pool instead of at the Boracay beach. Officially a professional thing as this was the Architects Summit 2012. Congratulations to our chapter for winning Area Best Chapter then, we've won National Best Chapter as of this writing. :) Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to attend both awarding ceremonies. But at least our hard work in preparing the Bid books paid off. :) :) :)

So there are still plenty of days left for the rest of the year.... Let's wait and see what God has in store for us - the most amazing experiences are always still yet to come. And life just keeps getting better and better. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment