Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unloading

Everyone keeps telling me that I carry way too much in my bag every day even as I keep defending myself that the contents are all just essentials. My aching shoulders at the end of the day proves them right I guess. So with that in mind, I've decided to try to trim down my 'essentials' to just the really barest of necessities. Hence the following bags:



Bag #1 is a mid-sized hobo with perfect colors for summer. (Not as perfect as these colored Mango bags I saw yesterday though. Thank God the store was closing already before I can impulse buy for the nth time.) The size of this bag can probably fit my Ipad which I intend to carry on a daily basis as it holds my schedule, notes, to do lists and Sims (haha) amongst the many other reasons I have to justify its purchase.










Bag #2 is this gunmetal leather handbag which I've been wanting to use for the longest time but which sadly does not even fit my 2 phones and wallet. Maybe I should leave my wallet at home then? Haha. But I will try to use this bag first as I favor it more than the colorful one. I will probably carry a separate bag though for work purposes. We shall see....











Note to self: You take really craaaaaaappppppy pictures!! The bags don't even look like bags. You can't even appreciate whatever detail they may have! Hmmm... Maybe an Ipad isn't the best for picture taking? Get an Iphone? Haha. No Katsy. N.O.

After 30 minutes of figuring out my stuff...
I managed to fit the most basic of my essentials into the small handbag! Yes! Which garnered a look of horror from my sister - "You're an architect and all your stuff is in that???????"

Why? Do architects need big bags to survive on a day to day basis? Yes we do need that alcohol (I was able to fit mine into the small bag!) and tissue and moist wipes for site visits. Not to mention those paint swatches, that tape meter and those pieces of papers where a lot of important stuff are hastily scribbled on (I'm going to have to rely on my phones for instant notes). We kind of also need an umbrella for emergencies, sunglasses to not get a migraine (put my sunglasses on top of my head and let it stay there till the wee hours of dawn), multiple IDs and cards for random stuff (I might pass by Bench and need that Bench Lifestyle card for points..)...

Which only meant one thing - I'll be carrying another bag with me. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment